Library Closings: The MidValley library will be closed from May 11th – June 3rd and the NAH and Starr County libraries will be closed from May 12th – June 3rd as we move into our new library locations.
General notice goes here.
Library Discovery List
Library Discovery List is a tool in Blackboard that makes it easy to create and manage course reading lists. With Library Discovery List you can:
- Search across most library databases for articles, ebooks, and videos to compile lists without leaving Blackboard. Web resources can easily be added to lists as well.
- Create as many lists as you need for your course.
- Add annotations to items on your list.
- Set lists to private, or make them public to share with other faculty members.
- View usage statistics to track student views.
- Avoid broken links and copyright violations.
For databases that are not searchable using Library Discovery List, follow the Individual Links directions below to locate or create your own permanent link. You can then add the link to a list created with Library Discovery List by pasting the URL into the Add Web Resource area on the list management page.
Most library databases allow direct access to on-campus users, but require off-campus users to log in with their JagNet username and password. This login access is controlled by an EZproxy server. As a result, it is important for instructors to make sure EZproxy is included in links to library databases or these links will not work for off-campus users. To link to a specific database or an article, ebook, image, or video within a database, you will need to see if the link contains EZproxy information, as shown in the example below:
If the link does not contain EZproxy information, you can create a correct link by using the EZproxy Link Tool below.
EZproxy Link Tool
Paste a link in the input box below to create an EZproxy link.