Library Closings: The MidValley library will be closed from May 11th – June 3rd and the NAH and Starr County libraries will be closed from May 12th – June 3rd as we move into our new library locations.
General notice goes here.
In order to effectively contribute to the achievement of the overall institutional mission, Library Services has adopted the following principles and goals:
- To acquire appropriate print and non-print resources to support the college curricula and the information needs of the people of Hidalgo and Starr Counties
- To provide efficient and timely access to resources and information in all formats
- To provide open-access computing facilities for students and faculty
- To provide distance learning services and facilities for all instructional programs
- To assist students and faculty in becoming proficient library users
- To maintain effective communications with other college departments in order to integrate library operations with the total instructional program of the college
- To promote cultural and intellectual activity by offering programs, facilities, and services to the community
- To encourage personal and professional growth by providing staff development opportunities for all Library Services staff
- Endeavor to meet the standards and principles in the following documents: